over at Rotten Tomatoes, the great website for movie lovers, Editor-in-Chief Matt Atchity has written an article that should be required reading for people who attend films in a theatre.
the entire article can be read here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1021015-ten_commandments/news/1922953/ten_commandments_for_movie_audiences/.
see Atchity’s article for further details and explanation.
here, quickly, is the movie attending decalogue.
1. Set thy phone ringer on silent mode.
2. Thou shalt not text.
3. Thou shalt not speak.
4. Thou shalt not aim laser pointers at the movie screen.
5. Thou shalt not kick or put thy feet on the seats in front of thee.
6. Useth the restroom before before the movie starts.
7. Keepeth thy food quiet.
8. Thou shalt not bring thy children to R-rated movies.
9. The movie theatre is not thy make-out spot.
10. Thou shalt not shoot video whilst in the theatre.
now, at first reading you may think these are no-brainers. however, i’m sure everyone has experienced the frustration caused by one or two or three of these commands.
if there were movie theatres in Moses’ day, i’m sure Yahweh would have given this list to him as well.